Saturday, January 7, 2012

AFTER THOUGHTS?

The FT left me in mixed emotions. The state has many miles of beautiful trails and wilderness. The wildlife is unique and in great numbers. The overall experience was well worth the effort. Sometimes the sunsets and sunrises were like nothing I have seen anywhere, BUT,,,,,,
The roads were monotonous, and dangerous. The people had no clue that you were actually a hiker and not a transient. The hunting was also something to watch out for. The trail would be much more enjoyable, with company, and resupply would be better to use more drops. I even thought having a skateboard would be the way to go. But anyways, the FT has a long way to go, to make it a world class trail. It it a great place to go hike around for the winter, but otherwise, I will wait until they can complete it, and I doubt it will be in the near future. I do have fond memories, but I can not forget the constant pounding of my feet on the asphalt or searching for a place to sleep in the middle of the night in some town that felt so foreign.